This agricultural water program, offered by the San Diego County Water Authority (SDCWA) and administered locally by FPUD provides a reduced water rate for agricultural water users, in exchange for a binding agreement that water service at this rate may be reduced during drought cutbacks, as determined by the Metropolitan Water District of Los Angeles (MWD) and the SDCWA. Please review all enrollment requirements listed in the "Instructions to Enroll in PSAWR Program" pdf at the bottom of this page, as some of these conditions have recently changed.
IMPORTANT NEWS FOR OUR EXISTING SAWR AGRICULTURAL CUSTOMERS
If you have been enrolled in the Transitional Special Agricultural Water Rate (TSAWR) program (code "AT" or "AS" on your bill), you should be aware that the San Diego County Water Authority recently changed the program in several ways:
▪ On 1/1/2021, TSAWR expired and was replaced by the Permanent Special Agricultural Water Rate (PSAWR) Program;
▪ PSAWR is open to new qualified participants;
▪ There is no minimum amount of land dedicated to agricultural purposes to qualify for the new SAWR Program;
▪ Parcels recieving a special agricultural water rate should be in compliance with the San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Board's General Agricultural Order (Ag Order);
▪ Per SDCWA requirements, by June 30, 2021 all previous TSAWR customers receiving the SAWR Program rate must be in one of four different eligibility programs listed below. The process to enroll in one of these programs includes fees, paperwork and site inspections that vary for each agricultural property.
For Eligibility Programs 1, 2 and 3, you may contact:
The San Diego County Department of Agriculture Weights and Measures
760-752-4700 (San Marcos Office).
For information on Eligibility Program 4, the Water Board encourages applicants to enroll in the Ag Order through a third party vendor. To begin this process you may contact:
Frog Environmental Group: 310-241-0866 ext 243 (Bradley)
The San Diego Farm Bureau/Irrigated Lands Group: 760-745-2215 (Tasha)
What Happens Now
If you are currently a TSAWR customer you will automatically be transferred to the PSAWR Program on January 1, 2021 and can remain in the new program through June 30, 2021. However, to stay in the new program past June 30, 2021 and receive the PSAWR Program rate differential, you must apply for and be enrolled in the new program by June 30, 2021.
At the end of 2020, FPUD sent out correspondance to our TSAWR customer accounts making them aware of the PSAWR Program, with information about eligibility for the PSAWR Program, including:
▪ Next steps if you were in the TSAWR Program and on one of the eligibility lists, how to maintain enrollment in the PSAWR Program beyond June 30, 2021;
▪ Next steps if you were in the TSAWR participant but not on one of the eligibility lists shown above. Each FPUD account holder must either register in one of eligibility programs or be dropped off the program as of June 30, 2021.
▪ If you do not meet the requirements of the PSAWR program, you may be eligible for FPUD's Commercial Agricultural Water Program
FPUD will be working hard to make the transition from the TSAWR to the PSAWR Program as smooth as possible. Please reference additional resources below:Instructions to Enroll in the PSAWR Program.pdfBackflow Prevention Questionnaire_2020.pdfBackflow Installation Specification 2020.2.25.pdf2020 PSAWR Certification Form (Application).pdfCY2021 PSAWR Handbook 10.5.2020.pdf