Skip to main content

Welcome to Fallbrook! Here's what you need to know:

Before I buy the home, should I check for an outstanding balance?

Yes. Make sure the seller paid their final bill. Any outstanding balance will be transferred to the new property owner. This is a common practice with water agencies since the water used on the property is considered a benefit to the property. We don't want you to have to pay a bill that preceded you.

Before closing escrow, verify whether there are any unpaid water or sewer bills on the property. Customer Service can generate an estimated bill for your closing date, if you request it.

View  our Administrative Code policy. 

ARTICLE 12 - WTR and SEWER RATES - Deliquent Bills.pdf

I received this new owner packet, now what?

Most of the packet is for you to keep. The only thing that is required to send back to FPUD is the backflow questionnaire.

How to start/stop service?

If you’re purchasing a home or selling your home, please contact us via phone after escrow closes. If you’re the seller, we will need the first and last name of the buyer for the transfer.

If you’re a renter, please contact us via phone with the date you’re moving in or the date you’re moving out.

How do I pay my water bill?

If you’re paying by check, debit or credit card, you can pay in-person at our office, over the phone: 877-281-3434, or online: You can also mail a check to 990 E Mission Rd, Fallbrook, CA 92028.

If you’re paying with cash, you can take your bill to 7-Eleven or CVS. You can even pay at our office: 990 E Mission Rd, Fallbrook, CA 92028.

Does FPUD offer discounts for water rates (senior discounts, low-income etc.)?

Since we are a non-profit organization, we do not offer discounts. However, if you need financial assistance with your water utility bill you can check out the links below:

San Diego County United Way's fund\
211 website
Modest Needs

As a new resident, are there any rebates that FPUD offers?

All rebates are available through the County of San Diego. Please click this link to find out more:

Can FPUD come out and locate a leak? Any recommendations for plumbing services?

If you received a leak notification, the first thing to do is check your meter box. If the inside of the meter is full of water or it is damp/wet inside, then contact FPUD to send a technician out. If the meter box is dry, we have an excellent video and document to help isolate where the leak could be coming from.

How much water is in a billing unit?

 We bill for every unit of water used. 1 unit = 1,000 gallons.

How do I turn off water at my house?

Typically, the shut-off valve for the house is located inside or outside the garage. If you need to shut off water for the whole property, you need to do that at the meter. The meter is usually located at the front of the property.